Monday, March 10, 2014

What I Pray (part 6)

In this post I will briefly cover what I pray for Explore Church, other churches and church leaders.


Regarding Explore Church, I pray for the following:

  • That we would be faithful and fruitful.
  • That God would grant us His favor.
  • That He would do great things in our church and in our community.
  • That God would bless our leadership team.  That He would bless our health and grant us wisdom lead Explore Church well.
  • That God would bless us with willing volunteers that will serve beyond the level of convenience. 
  • That Explore Church would influence our community in a positive way by modeling the Gospel.
I usually pray for the leadership team and those who regularly attend Explore Church by name.  Unless I am aware of a specific problem or need, I tend to pray for the individual's growth, maturity, and progress in the faith.  I greatly encourage you to pray regularly for your church, the leaders, and fellow members.

I regularly pray for other churches and missional organizations with whom we have become strategic partners.  Additionally, I pray for a group of local pastors, national pastors, and several scholars who have influenced my life and spiritual growth.  A typical prayer for all of these would include wisdom, guidance, and faithfulness in their area of ministry.

This is not all I pray in these areas, but a quick overview.  Next time, I will discuss what I pray for our community and political leaders.


No comments:

Post a Comment