Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What I Pray (part 7)


Today's post wraps up a series of posts that have revealed some of the things I pray for or about.  My intention, or hope, has been to provide a template that you can follow in your prayer life.

I pray for our political leaders:

  • Local
    • Our Mayor
    • Our Town Council
I want it to go well for our town and I want our church to be a blessing to the town.  I feel the responsibility of this regularly as two of the council men and their families worship at Explore Church!

  • State
    • Governor
    • House & Senate
    • Courts
Likewise, I want it to go well for our state and, as possible, I want our church to be a blessing to our state.  

  • National
    • President Obama
    • Vice-President Biden
    • Secretary of State Kerry
    • White House Staff and Cabinet
    • Congress
      • House
      • Senate
    • Judicial
      • The Supreme Court
      • Chief Justice Roberts
Again, I want it to go well for our nation.  We are blessed to be able to live and worship in a free country.  I want it to stay that way!  I pray for wisdom and discernment for our leaders, that they would guide us well.

Finally, I typically close my prayer time with special issues that are on my mind.  For example, I am currently praying about the future location and expansion of our church.  As our future is currently uncertain and in some doubt, I am praying for clarity and direction as to what is best next for Explore Church.  Please join me in this request!

I hope these posts on what I pray have been helpful.

As Paul charged the Thessalonians, PRAY WITHOUT CEASING.


No comments:

Post a Comment