Wednesday, September 9, 2009

7 From the Summer

In honor of the 7th anniversary of Explore Church's launch to the public, I give you, in no particular order, seven books that I enjoyed over the summer. I recommend them to you.

1. Death By Love, Mark Driscoll

This is about the atoning work of Jesus on the Cross. It is uniquely presented in the form of pastoral letters to individuals who have or are experiencing difficult circumstances.

2. Just Do Something, Kevin DeYoung

Great little book on how not to over spiritualize decision-making.

3. Do I Know God? Tullian Tchividjian

Written by Billy Graham's grandson, this book strives to help the reader find certainty in their relationship with Jesus Christ.

4. When I Don't Desire God, John Piper

Practical insights on how to fight for joy.

5. This Momentary Marriage, John Piper

Another great book by Piper. This one offers an encouraging and practical theology of marriage.

6. God's Big Picture, Vaughan Roberts

This little book provides a great overview of God's Big Idea in the Bible. It helped me in the preparation of our summer series titled "Let's Eat."

7. When People Are Big And God Is Small, Edward T. Welch

This book helps with perspective and provides insights for overcoming peer pressure, codependency, and the fear of man.

I encourage you: Read, Read, Read!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment