Thursday, February 13, 2014

What I Pray (part 2)

Today, I continue through a series of posts in which I discuss what and how I pray.  The point of these is to encourage you in your prayer life.

After reviewing and reminding myself of the gospel, my prayers usually turn to God's glory and God's agenda.  My words are driven by these two thoughts:

  1. "Hallowed be your Name..."
  2. "Your Kingdom come.  Your will be done."
I am praying for God's name and fame to spread in this place in this day.  I am asking for people to come to Him by faith and for His ultimate return and reign.  In praying for this it exposes many personal issues that I must address and pray through.  Here is how I typically work through it...
  • God, help me yield and submit to your plan.
  • God, gently bend my will towards yours.
  • God, give a willing "whatever" attitude and response to your leading.
  • God, help my desire to increase, to decrease!
  • God, help me see the world (and things and people) the way you do...so that when you tell me what to do, it will make sense.
  • God, help me to dream and imagine and see future possibilities.
  • God, help me be content with who I am, where I am, what I'm doing, and what you are doing.

God is big and is doing great things in this day.  He desires a connection with you.  Spend some time in prayer today!

No comments:

Post a Comment