Friday, December 11, 2009

RESOLUTION #6

I RESOLVE to use the time granted to me in a wise fashion.  Redeeming the time because the days are evil and short.


Time is a precious and fleeting commodity.  It is limited--but we are not sure of our limit until our limit is spent.  Thus, we must make wise use of the time we have while we have it.  We must manage it in such a way that we fulfill God's purpose and bring Him glory.  Our decision-making is crucial.  The choices we make either set us up for success regarding the use of our time or sets us up for failure.  Good choices free us to be used by God toward our Christ-like potential.  Bad choices trap and hinder us from being useful to God.  They often leave us dismayed, feeling guilty, and full of regret--a poor use of the little time we have been given.

A question that I have found helpful, and that my wife and I are teaching our boys it this:


"Is this a wise thing for me to do?"


Another context or way to ask this important question is:

"Based on my past experience, my present situation, and my future hopes, dreams, goals, and desires...Is this the wise thing for me to do?"

As you prepare for the New Year, consider your decision-making paradigm.  Are your decisions putting you on a trajectory towards your goals?

Read and reflect on Ephesians 5:15-17.

No comments:

Post a Comment