Saturday, December 19, 2009

RESOLUTIONS #12 & 13

I RESOLVE to point my boys toward God through example and discipleship.  I resolve not to exasperate and frustrate them with over inflated expectations, but to value and love them and help God maximize them for His glory.

This resolution along with #13 speak to the priority of investing in my boys for the purpose of passing along my faith.  I hope to mentor them in the faith and set them up for success in life.



I RESOLVE to set aside time to invest character into each of my boys individually and as a group so that they will see how I act and carry myself on a regular basis.

Again, relationships take time and intentionality.  I think of Deuteronomy 6--anytime can and should be a training time.  But all times do not have to be serious...it is OK to wrestle, play basketball, or video games together.  Parents MUST model what matters on all occasions.

Looking to 2010--how will you invest in your children?  How will you instill in them the proper values?  How will you "model what matters?"


No comments:

Post a Comment