Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Resolutions


As the end of the year approaches it is time to consider what lifestyle changes you might want to make for the New Year.  Usually we go into the New Year with good intentions, but typically we lose focus and energy and quickly abandon our resolutions in a matter of weeks.  What if you carefully and prayerfully considered what God wanted you to work on in 2010 and got pro-active and started working on an action plan today?

Over the next few days I am going to list and describe 21 resolutions that I have held for a number of years.  The motivation for these resolutions was originally inspired by a list of more than 70 created by theologian Jonathan Edwards early in his life.  I review this list regularly and use it like a measuring stick to insure that my life is tracking the way I want it to and so I will not mis-apply my time or waste my life.

But before I get into the list of resolutions...let me define what a resolution is.  It is a thing determined upon; decision as to future action.  Firm determination.  

What will you resolve to do in 2010?  Make it your best year ever!  Make it count!  Don't waste a second!  Be intentional and strategic and start planning today!

No comments:

Post a Comment